Making Colorado Peach Pie is a cinch.
The HARD part is finding the Colorado Peaches!
Recipe: Colorado Peach Pie
Summary: A Fresh Peach Pie with a cooked sauce that you’ll dream about all winter long!
- 1 baked pie crust
- 4-5 Colorado Peaches, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 3 T. Cornstarch
- 1 t. Salt
- 4-5 Colorado Peaches, peeled and sliced
- Bake the pie shell and let cool.
- Combine 4-5 crushed Colorado Peaches with the Sugar, Cornstarch, Water and Salt in a medium saucepan. Stir often and bring to a boil. Stir until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Put the 4-5 peeled and sliced peaches in the pie shell
- Cover with cooled peach sauce.
- Spread sauce to cover sliced peaches.
- Refrigerate a few hours until firm.
- Slice and Eat!
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe by Mary Beth Hunt.