I’m late to the table with some vegetables (like Bok Choy and Kale). My Farmer, Danelle, has quietly been the Veggie Pusher for a few seasons now.
I bought some Bok Choy a few days ago, thinking I would stir fry it. But I wasn’t in the mood. I wanted some calming soup! My recipe is a combination of a few I found on the internet coupled with my own pantry items 🙂
Summer Soup with Chicken1 Onion, diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2-4 Carrots, diced
2-3 Potatoes, peeled and diced
Salt & Pepper
4-6 Bok Choy stems, sliced and diced. Reserve leafy top and chop. Set Aside.
- Saute in a mixture of bacon grease, butter and Olive Oil (my holy trinity)
- Add 4 teaspoons Better Than Broth and 4 cups water OR Stock
- Let cook at medium-low until veggies are soft.
- Mix with a Boat Motor if you like it smooth. I like it half smooth and half chunkey.
- I then added 3 diced chicken tenders and cooked until chicken was cooked thru.
- Add the Bok Choy tops and cook a bit longer until they are wilted.