Long before I knew you could make Beef Stew from scratch, there was Dinty Moore. Beef, Gravy, Potatoes, Carrots…..and some other stuffs. 🙂 I’ve had this recipe since back in the AOL days and it has become my favorite.
We have so many picky eaters that I’ve found PIZZA is the remedy for what to serve at a party! Today, we are celebrating Dan’s Mom Lynnette’s birthday 🙂
I purchased a Pizza Craft portable outdoor pizza oven about a year ago.
It is my pretend wood burning pizza oven in my pretend garden in my pretend outside kitchen.
Matt has become the pizza cooking expert.
The Recipe uses a no-knead method developed by Peter Reinhart
Finding some old vegetables in the refrigerator is a perfect time to make up a big pan of Pot Pie! Chicken, Pork, Beef, Turkey….or just Vegetable! Who doesn’t love gravy and vegetables and delicious meat covered with a crust?!
Making a Pot Pie is a great way to use up some of the tired vegetables in your refrigerator. Use your favorite combination, but Onion, Carrot and Potato are common.
- Several cups of chopped vegetables. (Onion, Celery, Carrot, Red or Yellow Pepper, Corn, Green Beans, Peas, Potato all work well)
- 1/2 Pork Tenderloin piece
- 2 slices Bacon
- 1 T. Butter
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 2 cups Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 12 inch Lodge Cast Iron Pan
- Chop up the vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Chop up 1/2 a Pork Tenderloin into bite sized pieces.
- Fry up Bacon and remove. Retain the bacon grease.
- Saute Pork Tenderloin until just browned. Remove from Pan and set aside.
- Add Olive Oil and Butter, Saute all vegetables until starting to brown. Sprinkle Salt and Pepper on Vegetables.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and keep stirring until vegetables start to thicken and clump.
- Add the meat back into the pan.
- Add 2 cups broth and stir until thickened.
- Cover with the prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 400* for 45 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before eating.
- I serve with cold fruit
Making Colorado Peach Pie is a cinch.
The HARD part is finding the Colorado Peaches!
Such a delicious recipe using Colorado Peaches
- 1 baked pie crust
- 4-5 Colorado Peaches, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 3 T. Cornstarch
- 1 t. Salt
- 4-5 Colorado Peaches, peeled and sliced
- Bake Pie Shell and let cool
- Combine Crushed Peaches, Water, Sugar, Cornstarch and Salt in a medium saucepan over med-high heat. Stir until thickened. Set aside to cool
- Put sliced Peaches into pie shell
- Cover with cooled Sauce
- Refrigerate until firm
- Slice and Eat!