Our Granddaughter was here for 3 days and she has a typical toddler cough that I am choosing to fight off myself with a good nutritious soup made with REAL Bone Broth. Sure it takes a little time, but Bone Broth tastes so GOOD…..it is worth it.
I simply boiled a cut up chicken in water with an onion, and a few handfuls of celery, carrot and some herbs.
Here are 2 of my recipes…..Chicken Stock
Chicken Stock with Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Since my vegetable-hating husband is away, I decided to make Broccoli Cheese soup. I found several recipes that included up to 2 cups of CREAM! While that sounds delicious, I didn’t want that much richness. Instead of cream, I used a potato to make the soup thicker.
Cook The Vegetables
Partially blend soup
I admit that this recipe was made as I go, but the Homemade Chicken Bone Broth is what MAKES the soup. It was delicious and nutritious and my Real Boyfriend doesn’t know what he’s missing!
I admit it…..I love making stock and soup JUST to see it stored in my Weck Jars!
Homemade Bone Broth makes ANY soup taste better!
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Carrot, diced
- 2 Stalk Celery, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced
- 1 Potato, diced
- 1 Cup Broccoli, chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- 8 oz Tilamook Cheddar Cheese
- Cut up vegetables and saute in 1 T. Butter until a little soft.
- Add 3 cups Chicken Broth and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Process mixture with a "boat motor" or blender or food processor.
- Add remaining cup of Chicken Broth, 1/4 Cup cream and the cheese and stir until melted.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.